Losing even one tooth can be a devastating experience. Your self-confidence might be in question. Others might make unfair judgments about you. You start to notice that your teeth are no longer functioning properly because you can't chew comfortably.
At Gruber Dental, we recommend that patients who experience missing teeth replace them with dental implants. Dental implants are widely considered the best tooth-replacement option available—and for a good reason. No other tooth replacement is as natural-looking and highly functioning as a dental implant.
Call our Parsippany, NJ dental office to find out about replacing your missing teeth with dental implants. Getting a dental implant can truly be a life-changing experience.
How Dental Implants Work
Innovative dental implants are the most permanent solution for missing teeth because they actually take the place of your missing tooth root. The dental implant post is placed surgically into your jawbone, where it becomes part of the bone over time. The healing process takes a few months, but our patients who have opted for dental implants report that it is well worth the wait.
If you have been missing teeth for a while, you might wonder if you have enough bone to make the dental implant process a possibility. In this situation, there is a process called “bone grafting,” which can help provide enough support to hold a dental implant in place. This procedure makes dental implants possible for most people!
The Dental Implant Process
At Gruber Dental, we work closely with a periodontist, Dr. Anthony Chin, who comes to our Parsippany, NJ dental office multiple days each month to place dental implants and perform sinus elevations, among other procedures. So you will be able to get your dental implant procedure—from start to finish—right here in your usual dental office.
Once your implant has healed, one of our dentists will place a dental crown on top, finishing your prosthetic tooth. If you are missing multiple teeth or a full arch, we can also offer implant-supported dentures.
Why Patients Love Dental Implants
If you talk to anyone who wears dentures, you’ll likely discover they have the same complaint: Even the best-fitting dentures still tend to shift while wearers are eating and speaking. Dental implants provide the same stability as your natural teeth do. Eating and speaking are no different with dental implants than they are with your natural teeth.
Other benefits of dental implants:
- You can take care of these permanent tooth replacements just as you do your natural teeth by brushing and flossing daily.
- Dental implants will not develop tooth decay as do your natural teeth. It’s still important to protect your gum health, however, so regular flossing is crucial.
- You can eat all of your favorite healthy foods—even the crunchy and chewy ones.
- Your dental implant can last a lifetime with proper care.
- Dental implants protect your bone health. Denture-wearers tend to develop a sunken-in look as their jawbone gradually deteriorates. Dental implants trick your body into thinking there is still a tooth root present, so it still sends nutrients to the area, stimulating the bone.
We Are Here to Help
We realize that this is a big decision, and we will take all the time needed to answer all of your questions about dental implants fully. Call us today to make an appointment!